An exhilarating, enthralling and inspiring performance by the Indian Women’s cricket team has left us speechless, even though they lost the match to England, but that doesn’t make them less of a winner! The fierceness in their performance, the confidence in their delivery and sheer commitment towards the game have made the entire world identify the dominating presence of women in the field of cricket. And these, indubitably need 100% dedication towards keeping a fit body, a flexibility of mind and a clean eating habit—all these revolve around a perfect workout regimen and methodically designed diet plan that help them build the stamina, strength and expertise that make them what they are.
Indian Women’s Cricket Team’s Fitness Regime:
Cricket is a sport that requires building strength, stamina and flexibility. Hitting, bowling, or sprinting might look effortless when we watch them on the big screen but that surely need a lot of strength training and stamina building workouts. To build overall strength, there is no exception to compound moves as they focus on multiple muscles and build strength. A combination of weight training and exercises that involve compound moves like burpees, squats, lunges, push ups, pull ups etc. build stability, better posture, enhance flexibility, and strength.
Endurance is one of the important parameters of fitness and for a sport like cricket, overall endurance plays a vital role. HIIT, functional training, sprinting, circuit training, biking, cycling, jogging, jump squats etc. are some of the workouts that improve endurance. When done in a moderate or low intensity, endurance training helps reducing muscle soreness, betters recovery and increases energy levels, whereas, a high intensity endurance training helps cut down the fat in the body, improves endurance level, performance, and prevents injury.
Core muscle is one of the most important muscles athletes should focus on to get a better delivery and performance. Balance is one of the key components of core training and hence, it also improves the overall balance of the body, which is important for an athlete. A stronger core ensures an overall active body, proper balance, and minimal muscle recovery time. Some of the best exercises the cricketers swear by include plank, Russian twists, crunches, leg raises, alternate superman, sit-ups, hanging leg raises, trunk rotation etc. A number of variations can be done with the help of Swiss balls, weights, Bosu ball and so on.
You may also like: Virat Kohli’s Fitness Regime for IPL 2017
Muscle flexibility is as important as strengthening them and these two go hand in hand. A flexible body ensures lesser injury, chronic muscle soreness prevention, improved speed and agility. Flexibility training is perhaps the most important component of making the body stress-free and release the muscle tension by preventing muscle stiffness after a strenuous exercise. A full-course of stretching for all the muscles after workout, pre-workout warm-up and once a week yoga session do the trick for the athletes.
Diet Plan of Indian Women Cricketers
A cricketer’s or rather any fitness aspirant’s training would go to the dogs without a proper diet plan. A sport like cricket requires explosive power, strength, speed, and agility and the major factor, apart from exercise, that influences the overall improvement is, diet.
Here’s a Diet Plan that Indian Women Cricketers follow:
- Their daily meals are divided into 5-8 meals.
- More of lean protein is included in each meal.
- Meals include fruits and vegetables based carbohydrate and a little amount of processed carbohydrates.
- Daily food intake should contain balanced amount of fat.
- The daily water consumption should be enough to replenish body’s hydration.
- To ensure the balance of vitamins and minerals in the body, a good dose of vegetables and fruits should be added in the daily diet.
- All kinds of processed foods, high calorie sweets, red meats, and fried foods should be avoided.
You may also like: How Roger Federer Aces His Fitness Game!
The stars who rule the field have to go through a tough drilling sessions every day in order to perform like the lions while fighting the opponent teams. The fitness regimen and diet chart are just a sneak peek of how disciplined and performance driven their daily life is. Hit like, share and comment if you find this article interesting. We will come back with more such interesting articles for you. Till then, stay fit, stay happy!
Articles on other fitness celebrities:
- How Simrun Chopra Lost 4 inches and 23 Kgs in Just 5 months
- Virat Kohli’s Fitness & Diet Secrets
- Hrithik Roshan’s Fitness Regime
- PV Sindhu Diet and Fitness Workout
- Arunava Bhattacharyya Fitness Workout
- Malaika Arora Diet Secrets And Workout Regimen
- Chadwick Boseman’s Fitness Secret
- Amar and Aditi – Couple Fitness Inspirational Story
- Chris Hemsworth’s Fitness Workout
- Boxing Champion Vijender Singh’s Workout Regimen and Diet plan
- How Roger Federer Aces His Fitness Game
- Workout Regimen of The Wonder Woman
- Bahubali actor Prabhas’ Workout Regime and Diet
- Rihanna Workout Routine & Diet Plan
Find the Best Gyms near you:
Gym in Bangalore | Gym in Chennai | Gym in Pune | Gym in Delhi | Gym in Kolkata | Gym in Lucknow | Gym in Indore | Gym in Chandigarh | Gym in Noida | Gym in Gurgaon | Gym in Jaipur | Gyms in Ghaziabad | Gym in Hyderabad | Gym in Ahmedabad | Gym in Faridabad | Gym in Navi Mumbai
Cricketers require healthy fats in their diet to support joint health and overall well-being. Good sources of healthy fats include nuts, seeds, avocados, and fatty fish.