Endurance is the ability of a group of muscles to constantly wield force against resistance. Multiple exercises can help improve your endurance level and can help keep your lungs, heart, circulatory system healthy. It also improves your overall fitness. Thus, high intensity exercises with minimum rest between sets keeps your heart rate higher, leave your muscles burning and you sweating. Let’s check out how should your endurance workout plan should look like, as suggested by Gympik fitness expert and personal trainer, Dinesh N Gowda.
To improve your endurance level you should remember these:
Fast paced high intensity training with weights: Using weights at a rapid pace, not only boosts your strength, but also improves your endurance level.
Reduce recovery time between sets: If you are aiming at improving your endurance level, you need to minimize your break time between the sets. The idea is to make your muscles feel the burn, increase your heart rate, and sweat.
Switch your workouts: Don’t stick to any form of workout for long. Mishmashing your workouts helps in building better stamina and endurance. Move all your muscles without sticking to any one form of exercise.
Now that you know what are the things you should keep in mind while planning your endurance workout, take one step at a time to improve it as you workout.
Here is how your plan should look like:
- Start with some dynamic warm-up with squats, push-ups, sit-ups, burpees, and jumping jacks for 10 reps each.
- Include jumping knee tucks, box jumps, pull-ups, and power push-ups in your endurance workout plan.
- Add abdominal crunches, planks, reverse crunch, swimmers, flutter kicks, side planks, deadlifts, on the spot sprinting, wide planks, leg rises, inverted planks etc.
- Squat jumps, bench press, weight lunges, squat walks with weights, step-ups, mountain climbers, single-arm kettlebell swings, single leg burpees will help enhance your endurance level.
- Apart from these, if you are tired of working out alone or finding workout in the gym boring, you can opt for group classes that teach functional training, circuit training, bootcamp training, body combat sessions, HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), TRX training or if you want to have some fun shaking your legs, you can choose Zumba too.
More than anything else, to make your exercise work on your muscles and give you the exact result, you need to master techniques. Apart from improving many of the bodily functions, endurance workout plan improves your cardiovascular system, helps transporting oxygen and essential nutrients to the body, improves heart functions, boosts energy, thus, giving you a good mood and enthusiasm to focus on your work and productivity. Give thumbs up if you found this article interesting, share with your fitness buddies and keep the comments coming. We will come back with another interesting article for you! Till then, stay healthy, stay happy!