Bipasha Basu is known as the fitness aficionado of the tinsel town. The more we look at the 37 years old the dimpled Bengali beauty, we just can’t get enough of her toned and curvaceous bod! However, to create such body takes dedication, sacrifice and commitment which Bips has practiced with sheer determination and discipline. We all want to look like this ravishing beauty but only the ones who have a clear vision and discipline, can achieve body like her. So, in this article we have tried to collate the strict workout regime of Bipasha, the diet that helped her stave off the flab and make her stay fab and what you can do to achieve a great body like her!
Bipasha Basu Workout Routine
Bipasha’s workout consists of yoga, cardio exercises and muscle training with weight. She includes 108 variations of Surya Namaskar every day in her 2-hour long workout regime. Now, let’s see what Bipasha Basu’s workout routine looks like-
- Cardio workout (treadmill) for 20 minutes
- Cycling 20 minutes
- Cross trainer training 10 minutes
- Her week starts with upper body regime
- The second day of the week includes workouts for abs
- The third day of the week consists of workouts related to lower body and legs
- Workouts for glutes are for the fourth day of the week
- The fifth day of the week is dedicated to abs and glutes workout
- The sixth day is all about a repeat of upper body workout
- She closes the week with a brisk walk or jog
- Apart from these, she also does kick boxing and believes in mishmashing her workouts.
A dedicated fitness enthusiast and health conscious Bipasha says, “Fitness is my passion and with constant training I have realized that one can really achieve focus in life, which in turn helps you achieve your goals faster.”
Diet plays an important role in shaping up our body. This is what the dusky beauty of Bollywood follows to keep her body lean and fabulous. The saying, ‘Bodies are made in the kitchen’ cannot be more true when we see how much effort and thought go on creating a meal plan to stay in shape! Apart from following a strict diet, Bipasha also focuses on cleansing and detoxifying body by picking the right foods and drinks. Hence, she focuses on drinking plenty of water and coconut water throughout the day to keep body hydrated. Food with fat-burning properties, fiber, proper calories and nutrients for your body.
Morning: A glass of lukewarm water, a cup of herbal tea and handful of almonds soaked overnight.
Breakfast: A bowl of fresh fruits, 6 egg whites, toast, a glass of skimmed milk and porridge.
Lunch: Grilled chicken, 2 soya chapattis, a bowl of dal, veggies, and salad.
Evening snack: A cup of tea with digestive biscuits.
Dinner: Steamed or grilled fish, 2 chapattis, dal, 3 different veggies cooked in olive oil, green salad, and desert.
Breakfast choices: Oatmeal with Cinnamon with egg whites and bananas, brown bread, protein shakes, poha, idli with sambar, wheat flakes with fresh fruit platter.
Fruits & Veggies: Grapefruit, Kiwi, lemons, Red Peppers, Avocado, Sweet Potato, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, spinach, lettuce.
Snacks: Almonds, Blueberries, Yoghurt, peanuts, handful of nuts, sprouts salad, sautéd/grilled tofu, grilled turkey/chicken brown bread sandwich.
Lunch & Dinner: Salmon, skin-less Chicken, Jowar chapatis, Tuna, rotis dals, Paneer, Egg whites.
Whole Grains: Brown rice, quinoa, millet, Rye, broken wheat.
Beverages: Green Tea, Watermelon Smoothie, Grape juice, chamomile tea, coconut water.
Here is a plan for you to achieve body like Bips:
- Upper body regime: Include Dumbbell Bench Press, Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extension, push ups, chest press, overhead press, Chest press, Triceps dips, Standing Dumbbell Upright Row, Dumbbell One-Arm Shoulder Press etc.
- Abs workouts: Oblique sit-up with crunch, Vertical leg crunch, side plank, Arm pull-over with straight leg crunch, Seated Russian Twist, Twisting Side Plank, Plank punches, Cycle crunch.
- Lower body & Legs workouts: Single leg sit and stand, Hip thrusters, Lying Leg Lift, Squats, Cross body knees in, Side leg rise, Lateral Step-Out Squat, Plank Leg Lift, Kettlebell Swings, Deadlifts, walking lunges, Step Ups, Low Sumo Squat.
- Glutes Workouts: Single leg hip raise, Swiss ball leg raise and hip curl, Single arm dumbbell swing, Donkey kicks, Glute bridges, Kettlebell mountain climbers, lunge and press, Sumo squat with kettlebell, Glute bridges with medicine ball, Lower half lunge, Squat and sprint.
Now that you know what it takes to nail that super glamorous looks, put your workout shoes on and get ready to sweat it out!