Health has become a major concern for everyone today. This doesn’t necessarily mean that people are unwell, it just means people are more cautious now. Our generation is more health conscious than the generation that preceded us. Men and women are both eating healthy and working out regularly to keep things in check. Women are putting severe effort at creating fitness hacks, that will allow them to make their fitness journey easier.
Women fitness is a comparatively newer chapter in our lives. There are many reasons why a woman would want to work out. It could be wellness of mind and soul, health and to look a certain way. Toned and broad shoulders are known to make a woman look leaner and attractive. Unfortunately, most women, even professionals tend to ignore this part of their bodies. Most of them usually focus on cardio and weight training focused on large muscle groups.
It gives the illusion of a toned body, a slimmer waist that looks proportionate to other parts of your body. It helps in getting the correct posture, relieves you of pains and strengthens your upper body. Every woman, irrespective of her age and choices, should pay attention to her shoulders and allocate some time to it.
To begin with, lets understand how shoulder exercises work?
It’s important to note that the shoulder is made of three different muscle sets. Your exercises should target either one of them alone or simultaneously, for the perfect results. The pre-workout warm-up sessions are equally crucial for the right results. You need to understand that you are exerting your muscles with exercises. They need to some time to prep up before you start and some time to calm down once they are done exercising.
The warm-up session listed below is as important as the exercises mentioned here. The warm-up session relaxes your body and prepares the vitals muscles to work up. Without a warm-up session these muscles get a shock and are more prone to cramps and painful aftermaths. Arm circles, wrist rotation and neck rotation are some warm up exercises you can begin with.
It’s equally important to take your cool down sessions equally seriously. Understand that when you are working your shoulder muscles; you are exerting an abnormal amount of pressure on them. This is why it’s crucial to let them come down to their normal rate before you proceed further.
List of 5 shoulder exercises for women:
Standing Shoulder Press
This exercise focuses on the lateral, side & posterior deltoids, triceps, biceps, lats and your major chest muscles.
- Grab 2 dumbbells of the same weight in each hand. Now position your legs hip width apart, your shoulders should be pushed back and your chest should be out.
- Now lift your arms to position them parallel to the ground. Your forearms should be at 90 degrees angle to your upper arms.
- Now focus on your core, make your arms straight and then press the dumbbells right over your head
- Now pause and flex your elbows and bring them back to the position you started from.
You need to do 2SETS of 15 REPS each.
Bent Arm Lateral Raises
This exercise focuses on medial and lateral deltoids, lats and chest muscles.
- Hold a dumbbell of the preferred weight on each hand.
- Stand straight and keep your legs shoulder width apart from each other. Your hands should be on your side with the palms facing inwards. Your shoulders should be pulled back and your chest should be thrust out.
- Now bend your elbows so that your forearms are at a 90-degree angle to your upper arms. You should bend your knees slightly to support your back.
- Exhale deeply and keep your elbows locked. You need to lift your arms up to the height of your shoulders now.
- Halt for a moment and exhale, now come back to your starting position.
You need to do 2SETS of 15 REPS each.
As basic as it sounds but this exercise is surprisingly versatile. The reason is its efficiency at touching a lot of major muscle groups simultaneously. The target area for this exercise is the lateral & Posterior deltoids, biceps, triceps, lats, side of your chest and the major chest muscle. It also works on your core strength as a bonus.
- Get down with your face facing the ground and place your hands directly beneath the shoulders. Your abs should be as tight as possible and your body should be in a straight line.
- Bend your elbows to the side of your body and bring your body towards the floor. Make sure your body remains in the same straight line.
- Go back up to your starting position.
You will have to do 2 SETS of 10 REPS.
Seated Bent over rear Delt Raises
The target area for this exercise is the lateral & Posterior deltoids, biceps, triceps, lats, side of your chest and the major chest muscle.
- Take 2 same weighted dumbbells and sit down on a flat bench. Make sure to keep both your legs together and bend your upper body. Your upper body should be bent as such to make your chest be nearest to your knees.
- Now bring your hands behind your calves, with the palms facing each other. It’s imperative that your neck is in the exact line with your spine. This is your starting position for this exercise.
- Exhale deeply and lift your dumbbells to your sides in a straight direction. Make sure that both your arms are parallel to the ground. You also need to bend your elbows a little bit to avoid strain on them.
- Now take a break, inhale and slowly lower the dumbbell back to the position you started from.
You will have to do 3 SETS of 12 Reps each.
Dumbbell Upright Rows
The target area for this particular exercise are the lateral deltoids, biceps, triceps, side chest and chest muscles. When done correctly, this exercise will help you strengthen these muscles. You will eventually feel the pressure on those areas after a couple of repetitions.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand straight with both your legs spread hips apart in width. Your shoulders should be rolled back and your chest should be out along with your palms facing your thighs.
- Bring the dumbbells up to your chest by flexing your elbows. Keep your elbows away from your body. Your upper arms should be at the level of your shoulders. Your palms should be facing inwards and your wrists should be lower than your elbows.
- Slowly lower the weight and go back to your starting position.
You will have to do 3 SETS of 12 Reps each.
These exercises can be extremely painful for someone who has just started. A minor distraction like music can go a long way in keeping you motivated. So, plug in your best headphones and begin your epic fitness journey!
Explore best ladies gym near you:
Ladies Gym in Bangalore | Ladies Gym in Chennai | Ladies Gym in Mumbai | Ladies Gym in Delhi | Ladies Gym in Noida | Ladies Gym in Pune | Ladies Gym in Kolkata | Ladies Gym in Faridabad | Ladies Gym in Chandigarh | Ladies Gym in Hyderabad | Ladies Gym in Ahmedabad | Ladies Gym in Lucknow
Disclaimer: This post was written by our guest contributor. The content herein is owned by the blogger. Gympik is not responsible for any kind of infringement caused.
It’s in fact very complex in this busy life to listen news on Television, therefore I just use
world wide web for that purpose, and obtain the hottest information.
Undeniably imagine that that you stated. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the internet
the easiest factor to be mindful of. I say to you,
I definitely get annoyed even as people think about worries that they just do not realize
about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects ,
folks could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more.
Good respond in return of this difficulty with
genuine arguments and explaining the whole thing
Great web site. A lot of useful information here. I am sending it to some pals ans additionally
sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks in your effort!
Thanks for guiding me for shoulder exercise. Actually, exercise is most important for woman and men both, and I want to tell you in this article you explain every step of exercise are very clearly and if you’re looking for admission essay help then it’s easier to finish the task. Thanks!
I would like to read EduBirdie com review now before help in essay.
World is on the verge of getting hotter day by day and we need precautionary measures. world report
Wow, the post is really fantastic. Thanks a lot for sharing it!