Did you know, a genius like Albert Einstein was empowered by one daily practice? According to Einstein, Two things are infinite: the universe and naps; and I’m not sure about the universe.
Nap or more specifically a power nap is the short sleep ranging from 10 minutes to 30 minutes duration, generally taken between 1 pm to 4 pm in the afternoon. However, power nap should not be restricted to any particular time. It has proven to be a restorer of mental alertness and provide the power to remain productive in individual life goals.
A power nap is one of the important phenomena which helps us regain the energy. As we all know that, to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, sleep is one of the crucial needs of our daily life, But, it is also true, that, in current fast-track lifestyle, getting 8-10 hours long sleep, is paradoxical. Sleep deprivation can lead to several health issues like high blood pressure, heart problems, poor metabolism, depression etc. A power nap can provide a quick fix to the majority of ailments caused by a deficit of sleep.
You may also like: Four AI Based Apps That Are Revolutionising Fitness
Here are a few importance of power nap:
- Enhances IQ: A 15 minutes nap, post lunch can have a miraculous effect on the activities of your brain. A recent study reveals that people who take a nap possess better IQ level. It increases the creativity of your brain and helps you to perform better.
- Improves memory: Researchers on power naps also discloses, its effect on the functioning of the memory cells of your brain. Power naps as short as 6 to 10 minutes can give a boost of attentiveness, enhance learning ability and improve retention power.
- Increases concentration and alertness: The importance of power nap is recognized by globally acclaimed space centre NASA, as well. Studies made at NASA establish the fact that astronauts and scientists who were allowed to nap for 25 minutes each day, resulted in better performance and alertness.
- Increases Energy and productivity: Your normal day can be filled with series of activities. However, if you are sleep deprived, you tend to become sloppy and groggy, which makes you lazy and eats up your precious time in overcoming the situation. Why not considering a 20 minutes power nap, which can provide an instant energy and help you spend a worthwhile day?
- Improves metabolism: While you are taking a short nap, your gastrovascular system is working hard, to increase your metabolic rate. Researchers say that our digestive system works efficiently while we are asleep.
- Improves cardiovascular system: Power nap can reduce blood pressure effectively and improve the functionality of your heart. Researchers found that a 35-minute nap can reduce blood pressure and boost cardiovascular benefits, which marks a 37% lower chance to succumb cardiac arrest.
- Relieves stress and anxiety: Stress is caused due to excessive work pressure, which affects our mind and soul. It is said that when you are asleep, your mind is rested and it can fight back stress and anxiety. A power nap can be a quick stress buster and get you back on track, by providing calmness of your mind.
- Enhances testosterone: Short naps are very effective in boosting testosterone or growth hormones, which also helps in fat burning and muscle building. Thus, power naps help to reduce obesity and promote the growth of lean mass.
- Up Lifts mood: Either a bad day at work or a dull day at home, a power nap can fix both the situations, with ease. According to Dalai Lama, Sleep is the best meditation. It can lift your mood, improve your cognitive health and make you feel hopeful about any situation.
You may also like: Best Workouts for Women with Hypothyroidism Womens Health
Summarizing the stated benefits, one can easily understand the importance of power nap. It can rejuvenate and revitalize your inner soul and help you to focus the better aspects of life. So, while you plan to make a fitness regime, in the midst of your bustling life schedule, dont forget to extract a short span, for your own betterment. If geniuses like Einstein can do, you should be able, too!
Disclaimer: This post was written by our guest contributor. The content herein is owned by the blogger. Gympik is not responsible for any kind of infringement caused.