Did you make a resolution to get fit this year too? Unlike past years, do you have a plan to make this year better than the last few? All it takes is motivation, commitment and time to make all of it work. As you stay focused and motivated it will soon become part of your daily life. Trust me, some days are harder than others, but if you follow these simple tips then scheduling fitness into your daily routine won’t seem like much of a chore at all. You won’t even realize, when and how did you synced into this schedule.
1. Set Goals that are achievable – Is your ultimate goal to run a half marathon or to lose 40 pounds? Thats not an overnight task, but you can reach these major goals by making a smaller and easier goals/commitment. To get your fitness routine on the RIGHT track, you need to set realistic and attainable goals (Thats motivating too). Break your Goal down into weekly challenges. Why not start running an extra ½ mile every two weeks to help you with that half-marathon goal. Want to drop 30 pounds? Cut your calories, bump up your workouts it also helps you lose one to two pounds each week. By making smaller, more achievable goals, youll see results just stick to your plan!
2. Maintain a Calendar – Do you hate ditching your friends and their plans? Yeah, right? Then why ditch your own? Hang a calendar on your kitchen cabinet, on your work desk, or in your bedroom somewhere you can see EVERY day. Be disciplined do you have an unavoidable dinner invite? Do your kids have a plan after school? Look at your weekly schedule as a WHOLE and schedule your workouts accordingly. If you had a late night, wake up early that morning to get a circuit workout before heading to work. If you know you can only fit in 30 minutes of exercise one day, make that day a cardio day, since my circuit workouts can take up to 45 minutes. Be flexible, plan ahead and stick to that plan as best you can.
3. Pep it up: When it comes to cardio it tends to get boring or monotonous. I cannot do intervals and inclines of a treadmill all days of the week. I prefer mixing cardio with another form of workout and being creative. Adding variety into your routine forces your body to progress because you’re physically requiring it to adapt to some new stimulus. So mix up your tracks daily or pick up a new one, take kick boxing classes, CrossFit, Zumba, dance, yoga, Pilates or Fly Wheel indoor cycling class. It is advisable to try a different one every week if you can. By training with variations in the regime, your body becomes more efficient, well rounded, and less prone to injury. The key is to break out of your comfort zone and try something new every once in a while.
4. Workout in Style: I love my laid-back look,like jeans and tees, but when it comes to Active wear, what excites me is the comfort apart from the style. Investing in stylish, comfortable clothes and killer sneakers can really pump up the enthusiasm of getting yourself to the gym. When you dress the part, you are more likely to step up your game while you’re there. A new pair of sneakers, a gym bag, or a fancy new water bottle, do whatever it takes to get you going and keep you up to it, its definitely worth the spending.
5. Workout Buddy: There are some days when youd feel lazy and not so motivated. I know, I have, been there myself! Sometimes its really hard to get motivated and thats where having a workout buddy comes in. Find a friend with similar fitness goals. Set up a few scheduled workout sessions, runs, or classes at the same time. That ways, you feel responsible for your partner and get a push too. Youll be much more likely to show up knowing that someone is there waiting to workout WITH you. It will always work for both of you!
You may also like: Set Fire To Your Sex Life With These 5 Yoga Poses
6. Get Inspired With a Workout Playlist: Any workout gets enjoyable and inspiring with music. Im always on a look out for peppy, foot tapping songs that inspire me and download them for my next workout. I have everything from Lady Gaga to Kanye West and more in my playlist. I even create monthly playlists for members (on demand). The right beats and tunes help you get pumped up to actually kick off your workout, keeping you motivated all the way through. Ive got playlists that rock for whatever workout Im doing. You may have different playlist for different activities like peppy ones for your warm ups and a bit slower and calming one to help you drop your heart rate back down after running or a rigorous workout.
7. Dont Let a break mess up your routine:We all have off days. Sometimes it could be due to our travelling, family vacation, illness or may be late working hours at work . if you miss a work out for some reason, dont make the gap too long. Just get back on track the next day! There will always be unforeseen circumstances and life doesnt always go to plan. Dont stress. Keep your serious effort on and its OKAY to slip up every once in awhile. Just dont let it happen too much and for too long.
There, as promised you now have 7 ways to kick off your fitness plan. So what are you waiting for? Get up and get going already!
Disclaimer: This post was written by our guest contributor. The content herein is owned by the blogger. Gympik is not responsible for any kind of infringement caused.