EMS or Electro Muscular Stimulation, the new talk of the town, is something that we all want to explore! Wondering what that is? Well, we have a lot of information to share regarding this as this might be a bit beyond the ken for people who haven’t tried the advance level of fitness or felt the push behind their back to get the most out of their workout. This obsession with getting the perfect body with limited or less workout, wearing this device, can make you get a toned body, reduce fat percentage, and increase lean muscles. Who all have taken this kind of training you ask, we have a solid number and names who swear by the training with EMS, among which Usain Bolt, Bruce Lee, Simon Lesing- the 5-time triathlon world champion, have tried this and the result seem to be incredible.
EMS and how it’s gaining popularity
Electro Muscular Stimulation or EMS is not a new idea, it has been in existence since decades. Recently India has got access to this scientifically proven method of training. To get a chiselled physique, only 20 minutes of training every week is what you need. Apart from reducing fat, it also builds lean muscle, tones the body, improves strength and endurance, circulation, and increases mobility.
What Is the concept of EMS?
EMS is a total body training method where electrical stimulation is used during performing a low-impact workout routine. EMS helps magnify the intensity of the workout through impulse currents. It spreads deeper in the muscles and even targets those muscles that are ignored in regular training. This can be done for each muscle group and the intensity can be monitored according to your body type and fitness goals. This is a scientifically proven way to achieve a better body and fetch everything that a good dose of regular workout might have earned. The results are faster and more sustainable as the electrical impulses work the entire body and ensures maximum calorie burn. The electrical impulses stimulate the muscle contractions to 90% whereas performing a conventional workout triggers only 50-60% of muscle fiber.
The concept is crystal clear, but when it comes to implementation, there are certain allegations that shoo away most of the technology fearing individuals. Studies recently have nullified them as mere exaggerations as exercises with EMS is done with expert trainers who help adjust the intensity according to one’s tolerance level.
EMS training has been introduced in competitive sports, gyms, wellness centers, and medicine. The names associated with EMS training, be it athletes or fitness experts, have used EMS training to amplify the benefits of a structured workout regimen and improve their strength, endurance, and agility.
The good and the bad sides of EMS
EMS comes with a huge number of benefits and its share of drawbacks too.
- EMS complements the conventional way of workout by increasing the intensity almost double and improves muscle quality, reduces fat, build lean mass, improve stamina, endurance and strength.
- It doesn’t have any negative side effects for people who maintain a moderate activity schedule in day to day life.
- The electrical impulses work on each muscle and stimulate the blood flow leaving the skin more young and fresh, reducing cellulite from the body, and assisting in achieving the advantages of actual intense workout within comparatively mush lesser time.
- EMS stimulates more muscle fibers and targets different muscle groups that don’t get much attention.
- Using EMS can also cause Rhabdomyolysis which is a breakdown of muscle tissue, that release muscle fibre into the blood bringing damaging effects on the kidneys.
- This cannot be considered to have long term effect on the muscles and entire body. Though this bring the same effect as any strength training would do, to maintain the strength, flexibility, and agility can be gained only through maintaining a regular fitness regimen.
- Over training or training without the supervision of a knowledgeable trainer can harm muscle tissues and injury.
What we think
There is no shortcut to success! Having said that, smoothening the road of success that helps you reach your goal a little faster, never does any harm. Only moderate use of this machine under the supervision of expert trainers can assure a safe exhaustion of muscles. Moreover, some experts believe that it is insalubrious to interfere the brain’s natural way of functioning as this could disturb the communication between your body and central nervous system. We believe fitness is a long-term goal and on your attempt to reach your fitness goals, you shouldn’t brush off the importance of achieving it in a healthy way. Our body is designed to improve strength, stamina, endurance, and agility only by practicing the right techniques that focus on building them. Let us know what you think in the comments section below. We’ll see you on the other side. Till then, stay fit, stay happy!